TSCA - Toxic Substances Control Act
FED summary of regulations 04-2023
Toxic Substances Control Act 3
• Companies must document the use of restricted substances in parts, materials, and products.
• EPA requires document retention for three years.
• Companies must communicate the presence of any restricted substances used in a product to
Companies should also evaluate supply chain risk for consumables and maintenance parts used for U.S.-based
manufacturing and warehouse operations that may contain these substances:
• E.g.: Fork lifts (hydraulic fluid, gaskets, seals, etc.).
• E.g.: Milling and grinding machinery (non-aqueous cutting fluids).
• Environmental releases are also prohibited.